[UPSTREAM 0/2] pcf50633 changes

Balaji Rao balajirrao at openmoko.org
Mon Nov 17 07:08:16 CET 2008

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 08:56:10PM +0000, Andy Green wrote:

> | Hi,
> |

> | Here's a pcf50633 driver rewrite to use the MFD model. This has resulted
> | in pretty large number of changes.
>
> Some warnings came out:
>
> drivers/mfd/pcf50633-core.c:119: warning: initialization from
> incompatible pointer type
>
> drivers/mfd/pcf50633-core.c: In function ‘pcf50633_suspend’:
>
> drivers/mfd/pcf50633-core.c:266: warning: unused variable ‘ret’
>
> drivers/mfd/pcf50633-mbc.c:88: warning: initialization from incompatible
> pointer type

Yea, I've seen these things. Will fix them.

> | 4. Emergency 8s shutdown has been temporarily removed from the driver
> | as it certainly does not belong there.
>
> On pcf50606 this was a hardware feature: it is on pcf50633 too but it's
> disabled on our variant.  So it is arguable that reproducing it belongs
> in the driver.

Our way of initiating a powerdown is not fool proof, The IRQ worker may
fail to run a all if events is blocked. But it's still better than
nothing. We could check for the revision and use it only where don't
have a better option.

> | 5. 'Suppress onkey events on resume' - must be a better way to handle
> | this. Can't it be done from userspace ?
>
> Dunno where the issue comes that it suppresses the notifcation for, if
> it is opowerd controlled it should know it is coming from wake.
>
> | 6. Resume reason - Removed currenty. More discussion required on format
> | of sysfs attribute.
>
> We have to capture the first resume interrupt source bytes in this
> driver because they don't exist anywhere else.  They're currently
> exposed into sysfs elsewhere, but that can be done here too and make the
> resume reason parsing in two parts.

Two parts as in ?

	- Balaji