stable-tracking not charging?

Andy Green andy at openmoko.com
Sat Nov 29 10:38:29 CET 2008

| Andy Green wrote:
|>
|> Somebody in the thread at some point said:
|>
|> | Odd, but I can't compile andy-tracking. I see several duplicates from
|> |
|> | drivers/i2c/chips/pcf50633.c and
|> | drivers/mfd/pcf50633-gpio.c
|> |
|> | there doesn't seem to be a way to deselect it in mfd with xconfig.
|>
|> Make sure you are using ./arch/arm/configs/gta02-moredrivers-defconfig
|> as .config... that's working here (and has the android things).
|
| OK, confirmed on andy-tracking. Battery no longer charges on my laptop
| USB. Older kernel does, so it is not a cable or host side issue.

OK...

Is "older kernel" 2.6.26?

I guess you're starting with U-Boot not Qi?

Is the USB cable in from the start?  Does behaviour change if you plug
it in and out?

Is it just the LED action or we know it's not charging by /sys?

What does

/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0073/pcf50633-mbc/dump_regs

say?

Did you try the actual wallcharger to see if that is different?

-Andy