preparing pcf50633 for upstream

Balaji Rao balaji at
Wed Oct 1 21:29:48 CEST 2008

On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 20:14:04 +0100
Andy Green <andy at> wrote:

> | Balaji Rao wrote:
> |> Hi,
> |>
> |> I've managed to eliminate pcf50633_global and thus removed the
> |> "one-device" restriction.
> |>
> |> With that, the apm emulation code - apm_get_battery_status has to
> be |> moved out. I think mach-gta02.c is a good place. What do you
> say ?
> This is pcf50633_get_power_status?  It does a pcf50633 register read
> in there.  Or is it something else?

Yes, but it needs pc50633_global. I was thinking if we could change
pcf50633_get_power_status to take a struct pcf50633_data. This would be
function to report power status in "apm style". And the
apm_get_power_status callback itself could reside in mach_gta02.c

About the apm_queue_event, could we just surround it with a check for
apm emulation and leave it alone ?

	-Balaji Rao