preparing pcf50633 for upstream

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Thu Oct 2 14:49:20 CEST 2008

Mike (mwester) wrote:
> Dunno.  Sadly, user-space has splintered into several different images,
> with variants on those (someone mentioned eight distinct images the
> other day)

Urgh :-(

> And if none of the above makes any sense, I've just proven how confusing
> this all is to me!

It seems that we all agree that the APM interface should go. That's
more than I was hoping for ;-) And I'm glad that I'm not the only
one who found that stuff terribly confusing ;-)

By the way, an unrelated remark: I think we should start a new thread
for each issue that pops up in the review/cleanup. Maybe mark them all
with [CLEANUP] or such. Otherwise, we'll have a monster thread with
hundreds of posting where it'll be impossible to find anything later.
It already has ~100 postings ...