new kernel developer and preparation for upstream merge

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Fri Oct 3 06:41:57 CEST 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> I think you will have more fun and progress picking a small driver from
> our tree and going through doing what is needed to improve it.

I think checking that our config options are done right isn't a bad way
for Nelson to get started. It's something that needs to be done anyway
(*), and getting any item off that list helps, even if it's a simple
task.

(*) I put testing the config options because I ran into some build
    issues when removing drivers that were getting in the way of my
    WLAN experiments. When I looked for these bugs in the latest tree,
    unrelated changes had (re)moved them, but sure there are more
    issues to be found if one is looking for them.

It's good if we also get the boring tasks out of the way. Nothing's
more annoying than coming home all bloody from an arduous journey of
dragon slaying, eager to fall into bed, or perhaps to celebrate with
the princess you saved from the foul beast, and then you realize
that you still have to do the dishes.