Can FreeRunner hardware be damaged by setting host mode and then applying power?

Michael Shiloh michael at
Fri Oct 3 22:44:47 CEST 2008

Redirected from the community list.

Note that the original poster (OP) understands that setting host mode is
a two step process, and in his question indicates that both steps have
in fact been taken.

Note too that the OP understands that this is not the intended use, but
rather may occur by accident.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: is fr usb host mode prone to damage from regular usb charging
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 18:19:22 +0200
From: Petr Vanek <vanous at>
To: community at

I haven't found a clear answer on this one:

i got A-A Female to Female usb connector to couple two cables.

The wiki pages [1], [2] provide sufficient info on usage, except of one
thing: if i switch into USB Host mode providing power (*) can i damage
anything if i forget it like that and replug my fr into my computer?

thank you

echo host > /sys/devices/platform/s3c2410-ohci/usb_mode
echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/neo1973-pm-host.0/hostmode

Petr Vaněk

Openmoko community mailing list
community at