Convert PCF50606 to pure I2C device

Andy Green andy at
Sun Oct 5 11:23:15 CEST 2008

Simon Kagstrom wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 15:03:32 +0100
> Andy Green <andy at> wrote:
>>> Andy, what do we do with such patches which is really upstream
>>> work ? We're not going to put it on top of stable-tracking. Are we ?
>> The natural thing would be make a new branch like balaji-tracking
>> which is based on stable-tracking, and push that up on our git.  If
>> you use stgit I can walk you through how to do it.
> This guide would be interesting to more people, so if possible, please
> send it to the mailing list.

I wrote a pretty comprehensive dump of my stgit and git "knowledge" some
months ago, although I still feel I don't know a lot about git I have
since found the data in here is about 90% of what you need to do a
really great job working with an upstream and branches and rebasing
really easily (allowing that you still have to resolve most conflicts
manually anyway).

Since then I made a handful of wrapper scripts that solve certain issues
or make more consistency with stgit, I will add them to that page when I
get some time.