preparing pcf50633 for upstream

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 02:39:17 CEST 2008

2008/10/6 Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com>:

> | Upstream the whole sys timer framework was replaced by what now is
> | clocksources and clockevents frameworks and seemingly s3c24xx was the
> | last architecture to not be converted yet.  I submitted a patch today
> | that attempts this:
> |
> | http://marc.info/?l=linux-arm-kernel&m=122321495315232&w=2
> |
> | Hopefully we won't need our timer code anymore after this.
>
> Looks neat.  Is there a reason CS_TIMER_NUM is 2 though and not 3?  It
> isn't much of a thing to sweat but on GTA02 we wired the LEDs to PWM0 -
> 2.  Currently they are on static GPIO drive so it makes no odds, but if
> pwm2 is reserved it won't be usable as PWM without patching this code.

It seems PWM3 is also taken, by the vibrator?  I noticed all PWM
outputs were used and then decided since PWM3 also drives the FIQ
voodoo, which I didn't want to go deep into, I'd have less issues
colliding with just a LED when testing.  Note that on GTA02 the patch
only uses pwm4 and optionally the watchdog.

Cheers,
Andrew