Using the debug board on FreeRunner

Arigead captain.deadly at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 13:22:17 CEST 2008

Hello All,
    Sorry this might not be the place for me but I was sent here, so
here I am.

I've got a FreeRunner that keeps locking up and needs to have its
battery removed to get it back into a usable state. I'm an embedded C
programmer of sorts but I've no real experience of the linux kernel. I
use it in day to day work but the guts of it are a mystery. Anyhow I'd
like to understand it a bit better, when I grow up, so I wanted to get
the debug board V3 is available in pulster.de, and find the reason my FR
keeps locking up.

I've looked at the wiki page:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Debug_Board_v3#Hardware_connection
but I'm not really sure from looking at that if I can connect the debug
board to the FR. Can I, and do I have to gunter the phone to do it. IE
do I have to cut holes in plastics or anything.

If anybody has any advice please let me know.