[UPSTREAM - RFC] pm_bt_use_regulator_api.patch

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Wed Oct 8 22:02:29 CEST 2008

Balaji Rao wrote:
> +	/* Make sure regulator is disabled before calling regulator_put */
> +	if (regulator_is_enabled(regulator))
> +		regulator_disable(regulator);
> +
> +	regulator_put(regulator);

One more nitpick: this comment may suggest that we're doing this only
because regulator_put wants us to, while the real motivation should
be to turn the device off when its driver is gone.

A note in passing: several things in this driver are called "gta01"
even though they also apply to "gta02". Also, the "neo1973" name
that's often used to refer to "gta01 or gta02" has its historical
origin in us originally planning to call both GTA01 and GTA02 "Neo
1973". The - IMHO very wise - decision to call GTA02 "FreeRunner" was
made long after the code was written.

So there'll be a bit more fun when the time comes to clean up this
driver.