[UPSTREAM - RFC] pm_bt_use_regulator_api.patch

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Wed Oct 8 21:42:06 CEST 2008

Mark Brown wrote:
> The interface you have at the minute is a bit odd in that it looks like
> users of this module can just call in and enable or disable the device
> at will - if there is more than one user this could mean that the device
> will be powered off underneath other users.

All this is quite messy indeed and it duplicates to some extent what
driver suspend/resume does.

Do you know if there are any plans regarding generally having more
fine-grained control over device suspend state through sysfs ?

I guess the main problem would be the respective users of a device,
which we don't have to care about in the current global-only
suspend/resume architecture, since they get suspended along with
the rest.