Today on the branches

Werner Almesberger werner at
Thu Oct 9 00:30:29 CEST 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> I'll see if Ben Dooks has some time to discuss it first.

Great, thanks !

> It is really powerful and undersupported,

Oh yes. I'm a little surprised that you don't have a crowd of
groupies gathering in front of your house, begging you to put
it upstream :-)

> but for upstream I doubt they think s3c2440
> is the right level to implement it, so there is another big upheaval there.

Let's hope it's mainly s/2440/24xx/g :-)

BTW, regarding sweeping changes, there is also the switch to generic
GPIOs in the pipeline:

I have a bad feeling about that one because it may mess up our
setup/remove paths. I've asked on the ARM list if that's
something that won't cause too much grumbling it we handle it
a bit later.

- Werner