[Stable] Unable to / targeting a config whitelist

Andy Green andy at openmoko.com
Fri Oct 10 09:24:34 CEST 2008

Werner Almesberger wrote:
> Andy Green wrote:
>> It seems some other folks are interested to take care about making sure
>> we are clean for config variations, I'll leave this to them.
> Sounds like a good plan. Since Nelson should soon become the one who
> will find config conflicts long before anyone else would, I think it

Being reasonably config-clean is important, but it's basically the
number of possible config combinations is immense and sitting there
studying them all doesn't really move us or Nelson on.

Only a small subset of the combinations are actually realistic, I think
Nelson's plan of having a whitelist of configs is probably the most
workable.  It also has the advantage that he can set it up and move on
to more interesting (for him and us) things, we can just tack configs on
the list as we find new reasonable cases for them.