new kernel developer and preparation for upstream merge

Andy Green andy at
Tue Oct 14 17:15:48 CEST 2008

| On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 7:25 AM, Jonas Bonn <jonas.bonn at> wrote:
|>> Huh... I can build stable-tracking fine... I did a great deal of mach
|>> moving some weeks ago in the tracking-* patches on that tree.  What's
|>> different on your copies and mine I wonder.
|> Just to be clear, my comments were meant for Nelson who was on the
|> track of moving pwm.h to include/linux/pwm.h which is not quite right.
|>  I can generally build stable-tracking cleanly, but I know I've had to
|> make some adjustments to take into account the move from asm/arch to
|> mach/.
| It builds if I make the following symlink.
|  include/asm/arch -> arch-s3c2410/
| I guess we have to change a few include files. I wasn't aware of the
| asm/arch to mach/ change[1].
| I'll check this out...
| [1] Example:

Hum what config and / or build action are you compiling with?  I think
your problem with needing that symlink can be something else other than
the (real) mach path changes, the contents of stable-tracking should be
correct for current mach/ paths on master branch it is built on top of.