Measurements: Massive Display-related power savings

Klaus Kurzmann mok at mnet-online.de
Wed Oct 15 17:26:40 CEST 2008

* Klaus Kurzmann <mok at mnet-online.de> [081015 17:21]:
> * Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> [081015 16:28]:
> > Somebody in the thread at some point said:

> > | If I comment out the changes in fb_notifier_callback (jbt6k74.c) the
> > | WSoD goes away...

> > The WSoD on resume you always had goes away too?  Or just the new one?
> Just the new one. At least I think so. Trying out right now... Hmm, no
> WSoD... no resume at all... I can ping the freerunner, but ssh is not
> working and the screen stays _black_.

> No ringing, when calling it either. But I don't get my mailbox (which
> should mean the gsm is still registered?)

> Will do some further experiments :-)
ok, after un-hacking frameworkd to re-enable auto-suspending and a clean
reboot I have the WSoD on resume. Before I had suspended the freerunner
via apm -s and it didn't resume at all (had to rip out the battery).

Something else I could try to debug? Is there some way to completely
reset the video when it is in WSoD state?

> > -Andy

> Mok

Mok