Fixing trivial warnings

Jonas Bonn jonas.bonn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 08:18:46 CEST 2008

> PS: I need a git-send-email hint. How do you use it?
>
> I used it like this and the subject doesn't change.
>
>    git-send-email -no-chain-reply-to \
>     --compose --suppress-from \
>    --smtp-server /usr/bin/msmtp \
>    --to "openmoko-kernel at lists.openmoko.org" \
>    --cc "" 00*.patch

I just use:

git-send-email --to openmoko-kernel at lists.openmoko.org --compose
<patch directory|patch file>

There's a good argument for adding --no-signed-off-by-cc, especially
when you are borrowing patches from non-Moko trees where there may
already be SOB's on the patch from non-Moko people.  This can reduce
noise quite a bit.

And as a matter of taste, I prefer to that --chain-reply-to is used...
at least with GMail, it makes it easier to see the individual patches
-- they tend to get lost on the thread otherwise.

The --smtp-server bits can be set up in your .gitconfig.

/Jonas