How can I use 'uncompressed kernel' in my Freerunner?

이종국 kookiss at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 10:27:26 CEST 2008

Hi All,

As far as I know, as a default kernel format, a compressed kernel is used
for the bootloader in the Freerunner device, right?
Well, I want to boot up my Freerunner with uncompressed kernel. But I don't
know how to configure properly the load addressed and the entry point
address.
So, I have tried to use the same addressed which are used for compressed
kernels - i.e. 0x30008000.
(bootcmd=setenv bootargs ${bootargs_base} ${mtdparts}; nand read.e
0x32000000 kernel 0x400000; bootm 0x32000000)

And, I built an uncompressed kernel by simply modifying
$KERNELSRC_DIR/arch/arm/boot/Makefile like followings:

$(obj)/uImage:  $(obj)/*zImage* FORCE         $(call if_changed,uimage)
        @echo '  Image $@ is ready'

==>

$(obj)/uImage:  $(obj)/*Image* FORCE
        $(call if_changed,uimage)
        @echo '  Image $@ is ready'

I think, by the above change, I can get an uncompressed kernel image -
uImage.
However, I can't boot up my Freerunner.
What am I supposed to do to boot up my Freerunner properly?

R, Kris.