Android sources released - patches soon

Lally Singh lally.singh at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 08:01:57 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 1:31 AM, Sean McNeil <sean at mcneil.com> wrote:
> Simon Kagstrom wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 14:56:05 -0700
>> Sean McNeil <sean at mcneil.com> wrote:
>>

>>> There are only a few people that have known this, but I have been working
>>> with the Android code base for some time and have had it
>>> running first on a GTA01, and then later on GTA02 hardware. Now that
>>> the Android code base has been open sourced, I will be releasing
>>> patches to Android in order to use it with GTA02 hardware. GTA01
>>> support has become decrepit and will need some work.

Absolutely wonderful.  Does this mean that the Android stack will be
as open as the OM one?  Or will there be 'binary bits' that we can't
touch in the middle?

<evil:rubbing-hands-together-gleefully>
muahahahahaahaha
</evil:rubbing-hands-together-gleefully>

--
H. Lally Singh
Ph.D. Candidate, Computer Science