Allowing forced module loads

Simon Kagstrom simon.kagstrom at
Sun Oct 26 14:09:42 CET 2008

This is a generic Linux question. I'm using stg and rebuilding modules
a lot. When I push/pop patches, the dependencies are sometimes screwed
up so the build system rebuilds all modules and when trying to insert
the built module I get the message:

   insmod: error inserting 'lis302dl.ko': -1 Invalid module format

I now need to reflash the Neo with the new kernel, which is very
irritating since I need a reboot I'm also worried about wearing out the

So to the question: Is there some kernel option where I can tell it to
ignore errors like this and just insert any module I want?

// Simon