fix-glamo-crank-memory-to-90MHz.patch blocks resuming from suspend

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Tue Sep 2 18:55:53 CEST 2008

Hello, in order to try to fix my huge issues with glamo [1], I've tried
to apply the latest andy kernel patches for glamo itself:

  - fix-glamo-turbo-host-interface.patch [2]
  - fix-glamo-crank-memory-to-90MHz.patch [3]

Well, after applying them I was finally able to use my Xglamo server
without any freeze, but I wasn't more able to suspend and resume (phone
go to sleep but it never woke-up [4]).

That's why I've tried to unapply the turbo-host-interface patch [2] and
fortunately I got all I needed: phone was able to suspend and resume and
Xglamo ran smoothly.

So, I'd like to thank andy for the glamo-memory patch that seems to fix
all my (and of few other users) glamo issues and warn the list that the
turbo-host patch seems to compromise the resuming of the phone (also if
it seems to give a fps speedup).
Andy, do you have another fix that is not disabling that patch?

Bye and thanks!

[1] http://lists.openmoko.org/nabble.html#nabble-td586044
[2] commit 653f1f27b2c09b8f3ee1869f35ff6a0a50bb01b0
[3] commit 5b9e0604ca4691782680e52cae6ffac32881a6b0
[4] https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1884#comment:10

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux
http://www.3v1n0.net/