git clone not working.

Peter Helfer at
Wed Sep 3 20:52:51 CEST 2008

I just wanted to know what is going on with the kernel repo - whenever I run
git on my Mac 10.5, it turns up following problem:

[foobar:/Users/Shared/Kernel]> git clone git:// linux-2.6
Initialized empty Git repository in /Users/Shared/Kernel/linux-2.6/.git/
remote: Generating pack...
remote: Done counting 893800 objects.
remote: fatal: remote: packfile
./objects/pack/pack-ae90d81e3c7e27be22a87e87e4e86f78bf2fcfcc.pack cannot be
remote: aborting due to possible repository corruption on the remote side.
fatal: early EOF
fatal: index-pack died with error code 128
fetch-pack from 'git://' failed.

is there a daily source repo (no, not the built ones!) where I could d/l the
patched kernel sources with all the changes ?

Regards, Peter