WLAN from SDIO to SPI: sneak preview

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Thu Sep 4 17:22:51 CEST 2008

Christ van Willegen wrote:
> Yes, it shows my network and the one of the neighbours (encrypted as
> well :-(

Excellent ! So it works :-) Does your own network appear encrypted
as well ?

> Please have a look at http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1250. I've
> recently put in a dump of wpa_supplicant's failure to associate.

If it's not encrypted, you shouldn't need wpa_supplicant and all
that stuff. A simple

iwconfig eth0 essid your-essid
udhcpc eth0

should do. (Maybe kill off all the GUI stuff before that, lest
it tries to do its own reconfiguration behind your back.)

Then you should be able to ping your router. With the default
settings of the WRT, udhcpc will print

adding dns 192.168.1.1

That's the address you should be able to ping.

If that works, then the problem with not being able to associate
is probably somewhere higher up.