fix-glamo-turbo-host-interface.patch blocks resuming from suspend

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Thu Sep 11 05:36:31 CEST 2008

> | Hello, in order to try to fix my huge issues with glamo [1], I've tried
> | to apply the latest andy kernel patches for glamo itself:
> |
> |  - fix-glamo-turbo-host-interface.patch [2]
> |  - fix-glamo-crank-memory-to-90MHz.patch [3]

Ooops I've just noticed that my thread title was wrong... I figure
you've understood it but the "bad patch" is
fix-glamo-turbo-host-interface.patch

I've changed the title, btw.

> What I would do if I had ten minutes to rub together is write glamo
> register at +0x200 to the pre-patch value of 0xef0 in suspend function
> for it and write it back to 0xe03 at end of resume, see if that gets
> around it.

However I've tried to do this, but I didn't get anything working. By the
way I'm not a kernel hacker, so maybe I've just tried to do a too hard
thing for me :P.

Finally what about merging the fix-glamo-crank-memory-to-90MHz.patch
(the good one :P) to the stable branch?
I've tested it for 10 days about and it simply seems to have positive
effects (to me, it allows to use Xglamo daily without any freeze - I've
really never got one since I'm using that patch, while before my glamo
was freezing the phone about every few minutes of usage).

Bye!

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux
http://www.3v1n0.net/