Enabling sdio_wlan Debug Messages

Thomas White taw27 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Sep 17 23:01:56 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I would like to see the debug messages (DBG_PRINT(SDDBG_TRACE, ..))
from drivers/sdio/stack/busdriver/sdio_bus_misc.c, but I can't find the
option to allow these messages to appear in dmesg or on the console
during bootup.

This is so that I can dig a little deeper into my WLAN troubles before
most likely sending my Neo back for warranty repair, as much for my own
interest and to get a bit of kernel hacking practice as for any
practical reason. Details at https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1983.

The DBG_PRINT macro is defined in include/linux/sdio/ctsystem_linux.h,
but the conditions for it to output anything aren't clear to me.  Poking
around in the documentation only reveals that there should be "some
mechanism" to enable -DDEBUG (and hence the messages I want) for each
particular subsystem.  I can't find anything in the kernel config apart
from a switch to enable debugging for the MMC system core, which
doesn't seem to be quite what I want.

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Many thanks,

Tom

--

Thomas White