Bad Magic Number while booting from SD card with new uImage!

Shaz shazalive at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 06:32:34 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am getting bad magic number when I try to boot from micro SD with my
new uImage. I had a clean and successful make and make uImage. I have
an first partition on SD card of 100MB (vfat) and 899MB (ext3). I am
using the moko toolchain as the later commands show. And got the
sources from:

--------------------
git clone git://git.openmoko.org/git/kernel.git linux-2.6
cd linux-2.6
git checkout origin/stable
--------------------

After executing the following command:
------------------

sudo make CROSS_COMPILE=/usr/local/openmoko/arm/bin/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-
ARCH=arm uImage

------------------
I got the following output:
------------------
.
.
.

Image Name:   Linux-2.6.24
Created:      Fri Sep 19 06:58:28 2008
Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
Data Size:    1769300 Bytes = 1727.83 kB = 1.69 MB
Load Address: 0x30008000
Entry Point:  0x30008000
  Image arch/arm/boot/uImage is ready

What are the possible reasons for bad magic number and what is the solution?

--
Shaz