State of the OpenMoko wlan driver

Henning Rogge rogge at fgan.de
Fri Sep 19 08:12:06 CEST 2008

Am Freitag 19 September 2008 05:19:40 schrieb Vitaly Luban:
> IIRC, TCMD requires a special version of firmware to be loaded. It is
> designed for standards and regulatory compliance testing and not for
> general use.
>
> As for RSSI metrics, background scan (which is a must for roaming/mobile)
> returns a pretty decent measurement. See 'wmiconfig', I believe it's
> present among utilities on GTA02.
Thank you for this informations.

So the final result is that Openmoko has no promisc/monitor mode, but we could
do a signal strength based routing by triggering a background scan once every
few seconds.

I really hope the GTA03+ will have a better wlan chip.

Henning

Diplom Informatiker Henning Rogge
Forschungsgesellschaft für
Angewandte Naturwissenschaften e. V. (FGAN)
Neuenahrer Str. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Tel.: 0049 (0)228 9435-961
Fax: 0049 (0)228 9435-685
E-Mail: rogge at fgan.de
Web: www.fgan.de