new kernel ... / meaning of mission creep

Andy Green andy at
Sun Sep 28 11:54:02 CEST 2008

| Sean McNeil wrote:
|> Like a watchdog process?
| Exactly :-) It could monitor all other sorts of things as well, if
| necessary (trading reliability through simplicity for functionality),
| and it could also be gated.
| And the best things is of course that, whatever fancy policy user
| space needs to implement, not a single line in the kernel has to
| change and we avoid all the deployment issues with making kernel
| changes :-)

We're just meant to be getting something, anything upstream, not
building new foundations for epic new empires that won't help with that.

Please, if pcf50633 is too hard choose something else to force upstream
so there is something other than talk about it.