new kernel ... / meaning of stable-tracking

Andy Green andy at
Mon Sep 29 18:58:15 CEST 2008

| On a different note does someone know if gta01 had any stronger
| mechanism than what we have now?  I seem to recall that my gta01 would
| *always* power down if I pressed one of the two buttons and no driver
| was there to react to the button presses, i.e. something like a
| hardware hang check - I may be wrong but I thought it was something
| clever in the PCF50606 that would power down the whole device whenever
| an interrupt remained un-ACKed for longer than 5s or so.  It worked
| independently of whether the kernel finished booting or panicked.

I looked this up, there is an 8 second "timeout" option in pcf50633 tied
to the On Key button: you could enable it in if you hold the button for
| 1s, then it has 8 seconds to service the interrupt or it will go to
standby mode in hardware.

But, this is not settable by i2c but only set by variant.  And on our
variant it doesn't do that but just has it waking the device on press.

You can read about it at the bottom of p20 of the pcf50633 datasheet and
OOCMODE on p14.