Patch AR6000

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Wed Apr 1 04:40:01 CEST 2009

Ivan Petrov wrote:
> I small be in a hurry when write about 1 week, for it need only one evening :)

Heh, you're a demon ;-)

> Asynchronous SDIO stack with working driver attached.

I'd suggest you send the MMC changes to Pierre Ossman
<drzeus-mmc at drzeus.cx>, the MMC/SD/SDIO maintainer and ask for
his opinion. He hangs out mainly on the linux-arm-kernel list,
so perhaps just post it there.

> While it not clean, and not for commiting, only for test.

Yes, the changes in the ar6000 subtree are kinda hard to find :)

By the way, the reason why I left the ar6000 directory right under
drivers/ is to make it clear that this driver is in no shape for
mainline.

> I retrive max speed 1.3 - 1.4mbyte/sec on UDP sent test, i.e. +15-25%

Cool !

> p.s.
> It not work, when IRQ_SYNC_ASYNC mode turned on, while not understand why.

IRQ_SYNC_ASYNC is fragile at best. I also had somewhat mysterious
behaviour with it. Also, in my latest tests, it actually made
things a little slower on the GTA02.