[RFC 3/3] S3C24xx: Add cpufreq driver for S3C2442

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen rask at sygehus.dk
Thu Apr 2 02:06:08 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 06:51:36PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:

> Ideally these drivers would just get merged; I strongly suspect that it
> will be possible to share much of the code here over many ARM variants.
> As far as I can tell the only difference here is the new tables for the
> S3C24xx and your workaround (for which see below)?

   Yes, although I wonder if we want to make the frequency tables depend on
the machine? E.g. memory clocks above 100 MHz are not expected to work on
the GTA02, and we'd preferably not go much lower for performance reasons, so
core frequencies that are fine for a 133 MHz memory bus won't necessarily be
good on a GTA02.

> If this is the case would you be OK if I picked this up and merged it
> into my driver/series (which I'll be continuing to push to mainline)?

   Yes, that would be fine with me.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen