GTA02 AR6k - not there!?

Nils Faerber nils.faerber at kernelconcepts.de
Fri Apr 3 14:17:41 CEST 2009

Hello!
For some days I try to get my own (andy tracking GIT head) kernel to
work. It mostly does but I cannot "find" the Wifi interface.

This means I have the S3C SDIO host driver and AR6k driver fixed in my
kernel. They seem to initialise properly. But it also seems that the
Wifi SDIO card is not detected properly - I do not see an eth0 interface
nor do I see any obvious sysfs entries to enable or power up that
hardware. I also searched the Wiki for any valuable information about it
but all pages start by assuming that eth0 is present.

I found /sys/bus/platform/devices/gta02-pm-wlan.0 but this does not
reveal anything very interestig, only rfkill but disabling (echo 0 >)
did not reveal the interface.
Do I need to power it up somehow? Some needed PMinterface? Regulator
setting? GPIO setting?

It seems that I miss something quite fundamental here ;)
But what?

Any hint would be very much apperciated.

Thanks!

PS: I also played with GTA01 and andy-tracking head and fodun some
issues - but many things do work, which is great!

Cheers
  nils faerber

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48    Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen             Mob: +49-176-21024535
http://www.kernelconcepts.de