GTA02 hang on resume wto VT switch

Nils Faerber nils.faerber at
Mon Apr 6 17:44:41 CEST 2009

Lars-Peter Clausen schrieb:
> Nils Faerber wrote:
>> GIT is latest andy-tracking head (happens with any version up to head)
>> and the config is basically as I posted it a few days ago for my Ar6k
>> problem (which works now) except for the removal of the VT console
>> support. The same functionality is reached with the attached patch and
>> setting the new option to "n" (BTW: I would also like to see this patch
>> go upstream ;)
>> The same patch/modification works without problems on GTA01 so I would
>> suspect something around glamo, but there might be other nitty gritty
>> details involved...
>>> Regards Michael
>> Cheers
>>   nils faerbe
> Hi
> The xglamo does a lot of things wrong when it comes to suspend/resume.
> You should try Xorg + xf86-video-glamo[1]. If resume still fails it
> might be a kernel bug.

Uh, that sounds, how should I say, scary maybe?
It might pretty well be the X-server. I currently use the latest FSO
milestone release which has two xserver packages installed:

Pretty confusing.

But I'll try your suggestion (given I find installable packages for that...)

> - Lars
> [1];a=summary
  nils faerber

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48    Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen             Mob: +49-176-21024535