Openmoko Bug #2263: xf86-video-glamo/703acea13: xrandr --output LCD --mode 240x320 incorrect screen position

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at docs.openmoko.org
Tue Apr 7 18:41:45 CEST 2009

#2263: xf86-video-glamo/703acea13: xrandr --output LCD --mode 240x320 incorrect
screen position
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  lindi            |          Owner:  openmoko-kernel
     Type:  defect           |         Status:  new
Component:  System Software  |        Version:
 Severity:  normal           |       Keywords:
 Haspatch:  0                |      Blockedby:
Estimated:                   |    Patchreview:
 Blocking:                   |   Reproducible:
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 [ I hope it is appropriate to use docs.openmoko.org for Xorg driver bugs
 even though openmoko inc. is not shipping it yet. ]

 Steps to reproduce:
 1) xrandr --output LCD --mode 240x320

 Expected results:
 1) X switches to 240x320

 Actual results:
 1) X switches to 240x320 but bottom of the screen is shown at top of the
 screen. As if the hardware was doing "(y + 30) % 320" before putting the
 pixel to screen. I also see odd horizontal lines which are somewhat
 difficult to describe without a photo (I'll try to provide one later). Do
 you have some preferred test images?

 More info:
 1) kernel is from andy-tracking b8b36e5ec3db71d5
 2) X is from debian experimental, xserver-xorg-core 2:1.5.99.902-1
 3) xf86-video-glamo is 703acea13

--
Ticket URL: <https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/2263>
docs.openmoko.org <http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/>