[PATCH] Correct platform s3c-ohci device name, makes bluetooth work

Marcelo marcelo.magallon at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 04:55:52 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 20:17, Nelson Castillo <arhuaco at freaks-unidos.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Paul Fertser <fercerpav at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure about this one either.
> linux-2.6/arch/arm/plat-s3c$ grep .name * | grep s3c
> dev-camif.c:    .name             = "s3c-camif",
> dev-fb.c:       .name             = "s3c-fb",
> dev-hsmmc1.c:   .name           = "s3c-sdhci",
> dev-hsmmc.c:    .name           = "s3c-sdhci",
> dev-i2c0.c:     .name             = "s3c2410-i2c",
> dev-i2c1.c:     .name             = "s3c2410-i2c",
> dev-usb.c:      .name             = "s3c2410-ohci",

FWIW, I was hunting down the same issue and testing the same fix.
AFAICS nothing breaks.  And I was also wondering about the very same
things in i2c, because when I compared a system with 2.6.26 and one
with 2.6.29, I noticed a bunch of drivers that weren't bound and
seemed to be disabled.  When I changed the name in the USB driver, it
showed up as bound under /sys and it started to work.


More information about the openmoko-kernel mailing list