Openmoko Bug #2240: removing/reloading g_ether not working

Mike (mwester) mwester at dls.net
Tue Apr 28 04:36:43 CEST 2009

Openmoko Public Trac wrote:
> #2240: removing/reloading g_ether not working
> -------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
>  Reporter:  frankmpunkt  |          Owner:  openmoko-devel
>      Type:  defect       |         Status:  new
> Component:  unknown      |        Version:  unspecified
>  Severity:  normal       |       Keywords:
>  Haspatch:  0            |      Blockedby:
> Estimated:               |    Patchreview:
>  Blocking:               |   Reproducible:
> -------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
>
> Comment(by lindi):
>
>  If I just call unbind() from usb_gadget_unregister_driver I can
>  successfully alternate between g_serial and g_ether as many times as I
>  like. Can you please test and review this patch?

[Om Trac says:

Warnings:
    * No permission to change ticket fields.
    * No permissions to add a comment.

So, being persona non grata ;-) I comment via email instead.]

Nice work - patch looks fine. Please submit to the kernel list for
inclusion.  (I've cc'd that list).

  From looking at the other drivers, especially at the s3c version, I
suspect that there are still latent problems in that unregister function
of the driver, but this patch will be a huge improvement.  We can get to
the other issues if they appear (specifically, I'm concerned about the
lack of locking and that there's no stopping of activity on the USB
endpoints like the other driver do -- not sure if there is something
unique about this hardware that makes this unnecessary, or if this is
required as well).

Mike (mwester)