[debian] kernel 2.6.29 and XF86PowerOff xevent

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 16:24:20 CEST 2009

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 3:11 PM, Luca Capello<luca at pca.it> wrote:
[...]
> Have you tried the SHR unstable kernel on Debian?  I did [1] and the
> event is not reported at all, exactly the same as for the Debian 2.6.29
> kernel.
>
> However, all the kernels correctly report KEY_POWER events (check with
> input-events from the input-utils package), so I do not understand where
> the problem could be.

Yes! I tested it with input-events 0 before submitting the bug report
(p.s. I did not got any mail from bts yet) and noted that the event is
recognized at input layer.
It's not propagated to X, so I suspect that for some reason X does not
take care of the "PCF50633 PMU events", but only the one with aux and
touchscreen.
Or it may be that hal does not report it as a keyboard? I just
remember that I did an lshal > 2.6.29.hal.out  to compare it with
output in 2.6.28 but for some reason I forgot to continue and asked
help on the list.

Thanks

    Nicola