ar6000 and other SDIO/SDCard Wireless

Vincent Del Medico vincent.del.medico at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 07:22:14 CEST 2009

Hi rob,

Openmoko's version of AR6k driver is for cards with 2.x firmware.
You seem to have a 1.x version ( BMI Get Target Info: Exit (ver: 0x1302270f
type: 0x1) ), which is not compatible with 2.x.

I faced the same problem as you before, except I was playing with the OMAP
processor ( TI ).

I can give you the job I did, but it only works in some conditions :
- your MMC/SD/SDIO driver must NOT use DMA transfers. The 32bit ARM core
only supports transfers of data multiple of 4 bytes, but the AR6k driver
sometimes sends data of 1, 2 or 3 bytes, resulting in DMA misaligned errors.
I've not been able to solve this problem, it could be nice to investigate.
- the driver works with a real MMC/SD/SDIO driver ( not SPI )...
nevertheless, it maybe in SPI, but didn't tested.

Regards,
Vincent.