Openmoko Bug #2321: any user can run wmiconfig -i eth0 --power maxperf

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Mon Dec 7 13:25:44 CET 2009

#2321: any user can run wmiconfig -i eth0 --power maxperf
 Reporter:  lindi            |          Owner:  openmoko-kernel
     Type:  defect           |         Status:  new
Component:  System Software  |        Version:  unspecified
 Severity:  normal           |       Keywords:
 Haspatch:  0                |      Blockedby:
Estimated:                   |    Patchreview:
 Blocking:                   |   Reproducible:

Comment(by lindi):

 Simple principle of least surprise. You need root privileges to set ESSID,
 I was surprised I could modify other parameters are a regular user. Are
 there any other wlan drivers that allow this?