Git Repository not Working

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 11:43:33 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 02:33:39AM -0800, Waqar Ali wrote:

> I am trying to compile the kernel image for my Openmoko GTA02. While compiling when I try to access the git repository (as a matter of fact when Openembedded try to fetch from the git repository) this error is shown and the openembedded build process exits.
>
> git fetch git://git.openmoko.org/git/kernel.git stable failed with signal 128, output:
> fatal: Not a git repository
>
> Does anybody know how to solve this issue, and if this repository still exists and works.
>
> Regards,
> Waqar Ali
> Research Engineer
> NexGIN Research Center

Exists and works, but stable branch is quite old (based on 2.6.24 an last
commit was 10 months ago), which bitbake recipe are you trying to build?

SHR is using 2.6.29-rc3 (andy-tracking branch)
recipes/linux/linux-openmoko-shr-devel_git.bb
and there is also newer variants available for shr
recipes/linux/linux-openmoko-shr-drm-devel_git.bb andy-tracking + Thomas White's DRM
patches
recipes/linux/linux-openmoko-2.6.31_git.bb
recipes/linux/linux-openmoko-2.6.32_git.bb

Regards

uin:136542059                jid:Martin.Jansa at gmail.com
Jansa Martin                 sip:jamasip at voip.wengo.fr
JaMa