usbnet - MAC and sequential interfaces

Andy Green andy at
Tue Feb 3 13:16:44 CET 2009

| Andy Green wrote:
|> This opens a can of worms for Qi in terms of supporting GTA02 in the
|> field already with random dynparts to give access to the magic ext2
|> partition in NAND.
| One more reason to repartition when switching to Qi ;-)

GTA02 NOR U-Boot will then be incompatible with what we changed to.

(snip Doom)

Looking at the existing Qi code, it seemed we can find out if we have a
bad block cheaply, without chewing through 2048 bytes at the CPU for
each block.

I ran the existing bad block detect code in a loop on the first 10MB of
NAND on this GTA02 and it took something like 1/10th of a second to do
the whole lot.  It also found the 128KBytes of bad sectors I know are on
this GTA02 in that area (because the U-Boot dynparts in its env are
offset by 0x20000 partway through).

So I think we can totally solve this quite easily and cheaply by a
dynparts computation dynamically each boot in Qi for GTA02, so it
composes the partition list at runtime.  The extra time is simply not

I'll take a look at doing that today.