USB current limit when phone off

Cédric Berger cedric.berger74 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 15:00:59 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 14:42, Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> wrote:

> You can confirm what the phone thinks about the charging context with this
>
> cat /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0073/pcf50633-mbc/usb_curlim
>
> Unless we rewrite it when we're shutting down it should stick while 'off'.

Yes, I am almost sure usb_curlim was 100mA  (I have a little android
app to read this value. I will test again to be sure..).
And it did pull this from charger from what I could see (charger led
and battery charge variation)
But when shutdown it seems it did pull more current.
(then as soon as I powered on the phone again -> back to 100mA)

I just tried with an old QTextended partition -same Qi, but old
kernel-) and there on shutdown it stopped alimentation completely
(charger led turns from amber to green).

So normally, quitting Android it should have stick to 100mA max ?
And what about battery max current charge (the setting that was
recently made writable) ? Should it persist on shutdown too?