Occasional fail to initiate resume by incoming call, easy workaround proposed

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Wed Feb 11 09:15:48 CET 2009

Dieter Spaar wrote:
> I am glad to say that the fix is not that easy, so my part is not just
> doing the build process for the new firmware ;-)

Behind every small bug there's an army of huge bugs, armed to the
teeth and waiting to pounce ;-)

> IO1 is low when the Calypso start up, so setting it again to low will
> not solve the problem.

Hmm, when I
echo 1 >/sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-gsm.0/power_on
I see a
[149793.910000] modem wakeup interrupt
in dmesg and GPF1 does read high afterwards. So this seems to be
consistent with Paul's observations.

> I also checked that the Calypso UART has support for hardware-assisted flow
> control. I will enable this flag, maybe someone can make a test and
> check if the
> Calypso reacts immediately on the CTS line. The "AT+COPN" command sends
> about 16 KByte of data, so this can probably used for the test.

Great, thanks !

> I will see that I can make a test version of the firmware ready
> tomorrow, if I should
> take care of testing the CTS line handling it might take longer.

I'll leave for a trip to Taipei in a couple of days and I won't
have much time for poking around these things. So it would be good
if you could take care of them. Paul would probably be interested
in helping with testing.