Occasional fail to initiate resume by incoming call, easy workaround proposed

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Thu Feb 12 10:17:31 CET 2009

2008.12 + bits and pieces

flashed using the troubleshooting method at
"http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GSM/Flashing" - no problems.
(used this as its the only way Ive been able to flash in the past)

Booted up fine - no problems with serial port or gsm registering.

First SMS - sent it possibly too soon (from a treo650) while the FR was
possibly still booting into illume - can see the CMTI message in the log
but no dialog.

Second SMS sent and it flushed the first one and dialog showed two
messages - looks good.

deleted and emptied trash, put FR to sleep (suspended via power button)

Third SMS woke up phone and triggered dialog.

Will try and get FSO or similar on over the weekend and see if that
works.

BillK

On Thu, 2009-02-12 at 00:02 +0100, Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
> Am Mi  11. Februar 2009 schrieb Dieter Spaar:
> > Hello Werner,
> >
> > Werner Almesberger wrote:
> > > I'll leave for a trip to Taipei in a couple of days and I won't
> > > have much time for poking around these things. So it would be good
> > > if you could take care of them. Paul would probably be interested
> > > in helping with testing.
> > >

> > I have put the image of the new firmware into the SVN:
> >

> https://trac.internal.openmoko.org/trac/browser/trunk/calypso/firmware/moko11-beta1
> >
> > The following has been changed compared to "moko10":
> >
> >  * GPIO 1 is no longer set erroneously to high after reset
> >  * Hardware assisted CTS handshake is enabled to avoid sending characters
> >     from TX fifo after CTS goes high
> >
> > I can confirm that without hardware assisted CTS, the TX fifo still
> > sends characters after CTS got high. After enabling the hardware
> > assisted CTS, this seems to be fixed.
> >
> > Could you please put the firmware at an appropriate place so that
> > others can test it and see if it fixes the problem ? Thank you.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >   Dieter
> >

> please find moko11-beta1 for download at
> http://people.openmoko.org/joerg/calypso_moko_FW/moko11/
>
> the tar.gz is an archive of the other two files basically, for your
> convenience
>
> cheers
> jOERG
Home in Perth!