g_file_storage problem using linux kernel 2.6.28 on SMDK2440 platform

YongLi sdshliyong at 163.com
Wed Feb 18 09:21:46 CET 2009

Hello All,

I am testing the g_file_storage module on SMDK2440 platform using linux
2.6.28

there are two problems:
1. If I enable the VERBOSE_DEBUG and DUMP_MSGS in the File_storage.c, Winxp
host can get the U disk,
however, if I disable the debug option, Winxp host cannot get the U disk! If
I use dmesg -n 2 to disable
console debug message, Winxp host cannot get the u disk too. It seems that
there is a timing issue.
2. rmmod g_file_storeage cause the kernel panic! It seems that the
usb_gadget_unregister_driver function in s3c2410_udc.c does not call the
unbind function. Can I add the below code in this function:

 if (driver->unbind)
  driver->unbind(&udc->gadget);

Any suggestions will be appreciated

LiYong