Qi and ext4

Robert Piasek robert.piasek at member.fsf.org
Mon Feb 23 00:18:39 CET 2009

Hi Andy,

Are there any plans to add native ext4 support to Qi? I wanted to move my root
partition to ext4 and see if that makes any real difference.

So far I've done the usual stuff - small ext3 partition with kernel and append-
GTA02 (which points to second partition with root). It works ok, but I'm just
wondering if having two root= on a command line won't mess up anything in the
future (Qi adds first root=).
> root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootdelay=1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2

Regards,
Rob