Openmoko Bug #2073: voice-recording.state + arecord: Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000000

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at docs.openmoko.org
Mon Feb 23 08:02:13 CET 2009

#2073: voice-recording.state + arecord: Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer
dereference at virtual address 00000000
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  lindi            |          Owner:  openmoko-kernel
     Type:  defect           |         Status:  new
Component:  System Software  |        Version:
 Severity:  normal           |       Keywords:  ALSA
 Haspatch:  0                |      Blockedby:
Estimated:                   |    Patchreview:
 Blocking:                   |   Reproducible:  always
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------

Comment(by arhuaco):

 Joerg, I apologize if I seemed rude with you in the last update of this
 ticket, because I was. I know you really tried to help me do some progress
 with my task both via private email and on IRC. Thanks for that, really.

 It's just that we had misleading information around and that is not your
 fault.

 I updated this wiki page and I hope it makes more sense now.

 http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Recording_audio

 I'll assume the ALSA state we have there works.

--
Ticket URL: <https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/2073#comment:20>
docs.openmoko.org <http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/>