Qi and ext4

Robert Piasek robert.piasek at member.fsf.org
Mon Feb 23 08:46:46 CET 2009

On Monday 23 February 2009 07:21:33 you wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> Andy Green wrote (ao):
> > The ext2 parser in Qi came out of U-Boot, it also works for ext3.
> > Whether it'll also do ext4 I don't know, but it might.
> >
> > ext4 is becoming "real" now so support would be good, let us know what
> > you find.
>
> While not really real yet, what is your opinion on btrfs support? I do
> not have a 'need' for btrfs support yet, but would like to play with it
> in the near future.

btrfs was merged with mainline kernel just a few weeks ago and file format is
way from stable. Currently I'm playing with it on my other SD partition, but I
don't think adding boot support from it is needed just yet.

[ 4062.175000] Btrfs loaded
[ 4229.430000] device fsid a64c65b17fac7381-5edd06158f8ceaab <6>devid 1
transid 14 /dev/mmcblk0p3
[ 4229.435000] btrfs: use compression

For now you can get a new stable kernel (2.6.29_rc2), or andy-tracking if you
want to play with it. You will also need btrfs-progs-0.18 (I'm not sure if OE
based distros or debian provide it).

Rob