Fwd: Kernel tickets verify

Andy Green andy at openmoko.com
Wed Feb 25 11:41:41 CET 2009

| Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> writes:
|> | #1493 when press power button makes some noise during suspend time.
|> No there's no patch aimed at this AFAIK.  I guess it's to do with AMP
|> enable timing or chargeup of Vref / Vmid.  There is actually a delayed
| amixer -q -d sset "Amp Spk" mute
| sleep 4
| apm -s
| sleep 1
| amixer -q -d sset "Amp Spk" unmute
| works for me. I don't hear a thing on suspend/resume even if I hold
| the phone near my ear.
| (Also added as http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1493#comment:14)

Well it's quite convincing... is the sleep 4 the business end of it, or
the sleep 1?

If it's coming only on resume then the deferred register dump that
happens to get that out of the synchronous resume path would be a good
place to re-enable the amp state, it's 750ms or so away from the start
of resume IIRC already.