Problems with ASoC and Bluetooth routing

Simon Kagstrom simon.kagstrom at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 17:55:31 CET 2009

This is good news, although...

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:59:01 +0100
Jan Lübbe <jluebbe at openmoko.org> wrote:

> I setup a call using FSO/zhone, which switches to gsmhandset.state.
> Then i loaded GSMBLUETOOTH, and setup the headset using bluez.
> Now the transmit path worked fine, but i couldn't hear anything in the
> headset.

I get this far - outgoing audio works.

> The problem here seems to he the "Capture Left Mixer" control is set
> to "Analogue Mix Left". When i now switch this to something different
> ("Analogue Mix Right") and back, the receive path starts working. Paul
> and Jörg suggested it might have something to do with DAPM. Also i
> noticed that changeing "Capture Right Mix" changes "Capture Left Mix"
> in paralell, but doesn't fix the audio path im my case.

But I can't get this to work with FSO MS5, unfortunately. As far as I
can tell, my steps are the same as yours:

1. Create the headset

2. Start the call

3. alsactl -f GSMBLUETOOTH.txt restore

4. Start FR-BTAudio (did you make any changes here?)

5. Start alsamixer and change "Capture Right Mixer" to "Analogue Mix Right"

6. Change "Capture Right Mixer" back to "Analogue Mix Left"

I've tried various modifications such as restoring GSMBLUETOOTH.txt
after FR-BTAudio, and also bluetooth_pcm from
http://handheldshell.com/bluetooth_pcm instead of FR-BTAudio, but don't
hear anything from the other end.

It's great and very encouraging to see work being done on this!

// Simon