Android openmoko todo list

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon Jan 5 15:03:47 CET 2009

> This code is not available to the public as yet. The owners are fully
> committed to releasing it, but GPRS support is a major issue that is
> holding back its release. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.
>
> Sorry for making you wait to contribute. By the way, I've heard
> mention of GSM being broken but no one has said how. It is fully
> functional for at least myself. Can you explain what is not working?
> The only thing I am aware of is providing the SIM PIN and SMS text
> messages that span more than one text line. logcat dumps would help if
> they are not related to either of those known issues.
>
> Sean

Hi Sean,
these are great news. I had problems with connecting/disconnecting, but
these seem to be related to GPRS. When i delete all APN's from settings
menu the GSM seems to be stable.

I was also playing with suspend/resume. I suspended the phone from adb
shell with echo -n mem > /sys/power/state. It suspended ok and in the
morning, when i woke it via GSM call it resumed and the battery was
nearly full. There is some problem with artifacts on the display after
resume, but after pressing AUX and entering/leaving some menus they go
away. Suspending from GUI (by setting blank interval e.g. to 1minute)
does not work well. After resume it keeps suspending again and again and
sometimes end's up in kernel panic (red led blinking).

Cheers

Radek